Friday, January 21, 2005

The Sify broadband service is really pathetic

The Sify broadband service is really pathetic. The GNU client is so troublesome to use, it does not connect when I am not logged in as a superuser or root, though the helpfile says that root authentication is required only for the first time when u install the client. Broadband service in India is useless on a whole, there is no operator offering good speeds at reasonable prices. The customer support is equally frustrating, they dont know anything. The moment I say that I am not able to connect, they ask me to click on Start, click on Run, and type ipconfig.... What the hell? I am using Fedora Core 2.. How on God's green earth am I supposed to find a Start and a Run on my desktop. And when I tell them that I am using Linux... they ask me to click on the Troubleshoot icon.. There is no Troubleshoot icon on the Linux client.... These guys dont even know how their company's stuff works. Since the MTNL service has started, I hope that these guys start offering better service, or else they will start losing out customers.

Source: Ashish Narmen

4 Comments:

At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The linux client is rather a joke ... the MAC client runs better (but very slow) on linux than the official GNU/Linux one!

I don't know anyone in the customercare knows anything about linux (or abouat computers ... or about anything for that matter) ... they just echo what they have been told.

 
At 6:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

if you know some dude who works in a call center, you would know how much they actually know about what they are providing support for!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

http://sushubh.net/archives/2004/08/04/you-just-cannot-blame-the-americans/

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sifyBB client does not work with win2000 with SP4. How much more can a client stink. Any remedy for this - you must be a genius if its not uninstall SP4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home