Thursday, June 16, 2005

user experience

I am a Sify broadband suscriber, user ID 'kuster'. I am a suscriber for over 3 months now and my experience of been your
customer has been frustrating and torturous.
My purpose of taking the broadband connection was to able to connect at any time of day or night and also save on my phone
bills. For the first 2 months, i had problem in connecting to the network EVERYDAY. So i had to call up the SSV cable
office (27561818, 27561919) who provide us the SIFY connection, to make my complain. And often, when the connection could
not be established even after a few hours of making the first complain i would call up again and again. I asked them the
reason for such frequent failure. I was given varied reasons ranging from, there is a lot of excavation/digging on the
roads, we are repairing connection boxes in preparation for the monsoons, power failure to one of the junction boxes
through which the cable reaches my apartment. The 'power failure to junction box' was once used as an excuse and it was
added that since the family isnt at home where the box is situated 'we cannot do anything about it'. And then i had to go
without connection for 24+ hrs. I really wonder if that is a justified reason for failure of a service that is being sold
to ppl on the ground that it can be availed to at anytime of the day, 24*7.
Day before yesterday (14/06/05), i wasnt able to connect to the network between about 3PM and 9PM. During this time i must
have made atleast 5 calls. And at about 8:30 PM when i made the final call they also told me that mines isnt the only
complain that they have to attend to. That clearly reflects on their attitude. All that SSV seems to be doing is earning
on the customer base that they have without providing any service to them. There are many other customers who feel the
same way.
Once i had complained by calling up on 1600333330. The service person how came over, I asked him where the problem
generally is, and i was told that, most of the time the problem lies with the local cable network. Now the question is,
since SIFY have given the responsibilty of the local cable network to the SSV cable in this case, is SIFY absolved of any
responsibilty, or it is also responsible for the failure of service. So far as i am concerned I am a SIFY suscriber.
Also i had problem in renewing my accounts the first time. After having confirmed that i want to renew my account, my
account was terminated. After making about a dozen calls to the SSV and sify, my account was revived. And now thats the
account has been renewed, no one has come to collect the cheque for two months.
Last but not the least i havent been able to connect to the network since yesterday (15/06/05) 3PM till now (6PM 16/06/05).
I am sending this mail from a cyber cafe. My first complain call was made on 15/06/05 at about 3PM. My last complain call
was on 16/06/05 at 4:30pm. And there is no action as yet (16/06/05, 6PM). As i told you i am frustrated by the careless
and unprofessional attitude of the local cable operators so i dont intend to make any more complain calls, only wait and
watch. This time i have also made a complain on 1600333330, complain no - 2081133. It is really very unfortunate for the
customers that SIFY is the only broadband service provider here in C.B.D., else the solution to this problem would have
been easy.
I understand that one customer makes no difference to a big ISP, but if incase you intend to take note of this mail, then
even i would like to know
1. what measures have been taken to prevent such frequent failure in future and
2. is anyone to be held responsible for the mindless failure, that has defeated the very purpose of taking a so
called BROADBAND connection, viz 24 hrs connectivity and saving on phone calls. While adding to my woes.
Vineet

1 Comments:

At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am a Sify Broadband user for past 5 years. The service is good. Only sometimes it fails due to unavoidable circumstances, like some months ago there was a cyclone. Then they occasionally shut it down for maintenance. Whenever there is a breakdown I call up their Mumbai Office number or Kalyan Local number and they promptly respond. Only problem I have is that they do not have a easy payment facility. Earlier they used to come and collect the amount from home but now it seems that service is discontinued. Only way I can make payment is to ask someone with credit card to pay my bill. I am fed up of asking others for a favor. I requested them many times to send someone to collect payment; they always make a promise to send someone but till this date for past one year no one has come. I am disgusted on this account and I am searching for another good service provider.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home