Thursday, November 18, 2004

Sify Broadband in Kaushambi

Guys,

I just came across this blog and found it a good place to share my frustration
with Sify Broadband! I’m located in Kaushambi(Delhi Border) and we opted for
Sify broadband so that my family in India can connect to me while I’m away
without the usual chaos associated with the dial-up connection that they had
been using for quite a few years. Three months back I got it installed at a cost
of Rs. 3000 and I initially opted for a monthly package of Rs 323 for 10hrs. I
was so frustrated with its first month performance that I decided to wait and
watch and discover other providers. Here is the list of troubles I had to face:
1. Contrary to their claim the service was never a 24x7! I had to call up the
local provider to start the server/modem almost everytime I connected.
2. The speeds were absymally low! Never good enough for downloads or automatic
updates!
3. The service provider didn’t have the power back-up! We had to wait for power
and systems to be restored in case of power-cuts.
4. The service provider locked up his facility and went on holidays to bangalore
for 12 days. We had no connectivity all this time!!
5. The package gives free time all of sunday and somehow the connectivity is
down all of sundays!
6. I had to download the new client at least 5 times before it started working.
The one for Mac doesn’t install even now. Do the Sify CTOs know what a Mac is?
he he :>
Finally, At the end of first month we ended up losing a Rs 190 as balance on the
account. The amount cannot be carried forward when you renew.. so we decided NOT
to. The service provider later calls up and says we gotta pay something cos’ he
has got the service renewed for us and has the invoice delivered to his office
What the hell! Gotta check and beat the shit outta his A$$!!
If anybody is considering getting Sify Broadband I suggest you to please STAY
AWAY!!

Enjoy the dial-up just the way I’m doing agian!
Neeraj

PS: Btw the Sify iWays are as shitty as their broadband! I have seen some local
cafes like CJM providing better service and infrastructure than the much hyped
iWay!

http://sifybroadband.techwhack.com/104/another-sify-broadband-customer/#comments


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home