Sunday, November 14, 2004

Sify Broadband... Worst Case Scenario?

Here is a friend of mine from Bangalore. Who pays around 200 rupee to the CTO just on the name of Service Charges. Read the mails to get an idea on what kind of services he get.

It's a fortnight since I sent this message to you folks. When it comes to the service, It looks like there is absolutely no difference between you people and the CTO. It is unbecoming of a customer care organization like yours to simply keep mum over an issue. Why don't you make your stand clear? Are you going to refund my installation amount, since you have not been able to restore my service, or not?

This is my stand on this issue: Either I get the refund of my amount or I take up this matter legally and try to give it as much publicity as possible.

There is enough frustration you guys have caused me and I am not going to let Sify get away easily after this horrible experience.

-----Original Message-----

From: Ajay K. Madan
Sent:Monday, October 25, 2004 5:00 PM
To:'Charu'
Cc:'ajay_nambiar@sifycorp.com'; Vivek_Nayak@Sifycorp.com; Shanil Sukumar
Subject:RE: No Reliable Sify Broadband Connectivity - Galaxy Krystal, CTO in Bangalore

Ms. Charumathy

It has been a month since this downtime occurred and it has been about 12 days since you sent me this e-mail. There are one or two people who called me from your office in the interim. But the bottom line is that my connection is still not up. And I don't have any idea what's going on. This is the second "one-month" downtime that has happened with this service. Given this kind of a background, I don't think you or your CTO ever will be able to give me a reliable or consistent service going ahead. Since you are not even able to give me a working connection, I think you should refund the Installation charges that I incurred in subscribing to this service. I will move on to a different vendor.

Please process my request at the earliest,

Thanks
Ajay

-----Original Message-----
From: Charu [mailto:charu_v@sifycorp.com]
Sent:Wednesday, October 13, 2004 10:37 AM
To:Ajay K. Madan
Cc:charu_v@sifycorp.com; Vivek_Nayak@Sifycorp.com; Shanil Sukumar
Subject:RE: No Reliable Sify Broadband Connectivity - Galaxy Krystal, CTO in Bangalore

Dear Mr. Ajay Madan
First and foremost please accept my apologies for the dealy in replying to your email. My collegue Vivek from Banglore was coordinating with the CTO. There is a delay from the CTO side due to some technical/commercial issue. We are looking into that and this will get resolved in a couple of days. I sincerely apologise for the delay. My collegue Vivek will be in touch with you and give you an update. I will ensure that the problem gets resolved at the earliest. Kindly bear with us for this delay.

Thanking you and assuring you of our best services

With warm wishes
Charumathy

Sr. Manager - Customer care.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ajay K. Madan [mailto:AMadan@facetime.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 1:36 PM
To: Ajay_Nambiar@sifycorp.com; charu_v@sifycorp.com;
Arun_Kumar@Sifycorp.com; Vivek_Nayak@Sifycorp.com
Subject: RE: No Reliable Sify Broadband Connectivity - Galaxy Krystal,
CTO in Bangalore
Importance: High

Folks!
It beats me why there is no update at all from your side. In earlier cases where CTO has not restored my connection, you folks have intervened and got it restored for me. So I had a lot of confidence in you folks when I reported the problem this time too. But why is nothing happening or worse is that there is not even an e-mail on the status from your side. Is there a serious problem in restoring my connection? Can you please respond.

- Ajay

-----Original Message-----
From: Ajay K. Madan
Sent:Thursday, October 07, 2004 5:42 PM
To:'Ajay_Nambiar@sifycorp.com'; 'charu_v@sifycorp.com';
'Arun_Kumar@Sifycorp.com'; 'Vivek_Nayak@Sifycorp.com'
Subject:RE: No Reliable Sify Broadband Connectivity - Galaxy Krystal, CTO in Bangalore

Hello

Two weeks since I lost the connection and almost 10 days since I reported to you all about this problem and no solution in sight. Somebody from Sify did speak to me a couple of times, but I don't have any update after that. Is there any update you have for me? [Sounds very strange about customer sending reminders to Customer Care!!

Regards,
Ajay

-----Original Message-----
From: Ajay K. Madan
Sent:Wednesday, September 29, 2004 2:49 PM
To:'Ajay_Nambiar@sifycorp.com'; 'customercare@sify.com';
'charu_v@sifycorp.com'; 'Arun_Kumar@Sifycorp.com';
'Vivek_Nayak@Sifycorp.com'
Subject:No Reliable Sify Broadband Connectivity - Galaxy Krystal, CTO in Bangalore

Hello All

My name is Ajay Madan, from Bangalore and unfortunately a Sify Broadband Subscriber serviced thru a CTO. The CTO is Galaxy Krystal from the New Thippasandra locality. I have reported a problem earlier where my service was down for one month. Ms. Charumathy had intervened and solved that problem for me.

It looks like the problem is going to be back again. For the last 3 weekends, I have not had my Internet Connectivity up. After the problem is reported to the CTO, it is rectified after one or two days. But the problem is that I need the connection badly during the weekend. Why does it go down so often? The connectivity downtime problem I reported last was on September 25th(Sunday) and there is no action on that from the CTO so far. I cannot ping to the Gateway at all. I want to ask you the following:

*Do you all have any kind of Service Agreement with the CTO's on how quickly they should respond when a customer has reported a problem with connectivity?
[ I would expect the answer to be - "immediate" ]

*A broadband package, the one I buy, validity is for 30 days. Because of this downtime, I lose quite a no. of days in validity. So how is Sify going to compensate for this? My current package validity expires on the 30th September, which means I have lost about 5 days due to the downtime. I need to get, at a minimum, 7 day package free for this downtime.

*Ms.Charumathy should note this that the CTO charged me one full month's service charges(Rs. 200/-) when I was offered a free compensatory package of 21 days due to the previous one month downtime problem. What I am trying to tell is that CTO is no way affected when he screws up on the connectivity, bcos he collects service charges even for compensatory packages. That's probably the reason why these fellows don't care when customers report downtime.

*The next question is - when will my connectivity be restored? It looks like I should stop depending on this connection for any important office work that I have.

*CTO collects service charges immediately when the package is bought. This is a bad idea. Customers should pay only at the end of the package validity. This gives customers the flexibility to pay for the no. of days the CTO has serviced them. Can you do something on this? Can you instruct the CTO to do this?

I am writing to you all in the first place because I believe that you all, in your current position, will answer and solve the above issues. On the other hand, if these issues continue with the CTO we will not have any other option but to pull out of the Sify Broadband Service. I have two of my colleagues in office, managers, who are also facing similar problems. We all have posted these issues on the Internet so that any soul around the world wanting to know the kind of service that is offered by Sify will read our posted articles. We also plan to move a petition to the Consumer Court. I am stating this here not to threaten, but to convey the amount of frustration that your customers go through. And I am eager to know how you respond to this, because that shows your commitment/service to customers.

Thanks,
Ajay Madan

1 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Dr Anil Khubchandani said...

I have been a Sify user for the last many years. I am an NRI & abroad am used to high speed DSL services, yet my family in India has been using Sify services so I am in a position to comment on it.

I know from reading on the net that almost all posts are Anti-Sify so from my experience I decided to put up my own comments on Sify too.

I am not in any way suggesting that sify services are 100% upto the mark- but believe me (at least in my case) I have found that the Sify higherups are EXTREMELY RESPONSIVE people-

Even I used to feel (many a times) that Sify meant SUFFERING for the consumers - HOWEVER I NO LONGER HOLD THIS VIEW
(esp after the last few months during which I have been having repeated Sify service problems which have been addressed by them -sometimes delayed though)

All in all, though it has not been smooth sailing always I would still like to compliment the staff of Sify for definitely caring to respond to client complaints.

Lastly I would like to admit that some of my complaint emails were verbal barrage (strong language)- yet Sify staff took the complaints & rebuke positively & strived to solve the problems.
I do not know whether mine is an isolated instance of positive comments for Sify-But I surely would like to acknowledge their help & support.
Thanks you Sify staff.
Dr Anil Khubchandani

 

Post a Comment

<< Home