Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Fifteen days of sheer frustation on Sify Broadband

hi this is sachin

TopIC:Fifteen days of sheer frustation(sify)

hi i have joined this form recently and must have felt disapponted after i have read other users reviews.
I had been cable net user for last 3 years (i wont call that broadband anyway) during my stay in delhi and throughout those 3years i have always complained about service provided to my local isp(he is not a dealer of any reputed ISp but runs his owm LAN)but after i shifted my place to vaishali and subscibed to SIfy broadband i must say that service provided by sify is pathetic.
here is my experiance from 15 days of use.

ISt its hefty instalation charges Rs 2500(does not include LAN card)
my previous local isp charged me only Rs 1000(including LAN)>cable wallah said that this hefty fees is for supperb quality service provided by him and thats how i was tricked .

I agreed for data pack (256 kbps)since i am speed crazy

Ist there was local network problem for initial 7 days every every morning i had to call him to start service since it use to stop the night before(there use to be pathetic ping response)

He use to send his line man everyday and by 2pm services would resume.

Now have a look at quality of services i got.Whenever i was downloading something speed use to shoot up to 32 kbps(constant)and it impressed me(my previous isp provided me 12kbps to 24 kbps during downloads in unlimted 64KBPS pack)but surfing even indian websites like yahoo and rediff would take time.That"s when you get the feeling that sify is fooling you because since it is data pack it wants me to finish up my data usage soon and not bothered about surfing speed(surfing was much faster on previous 64 kbps pack provided by local isp in delhi).After 3 days of usage i found that my session details were being recorded Twice and also my usage was also charged twice .Sify corrected that after 3 days of long calls to there customer service provider.

During those 7 days even though i was shocked at service provided by INDIA's oldest ISP but i was still not complaing much since i can not change my ISp after paying such hefty Instalation.

My real suffering started after those 7 days

On one stormy day suddenly my broadband stopped i complained to dealer as usually but services have not been resumed even after 7 days .
Day 1
Initialy he told me that all the HUBS(there are only 3) have been destroyed and he would change them soon(he took only 6 hrs to install them on poles when he started service ,only god knows why he is taking time now just to replace them).

Day 2 next morning ,still no service ,i made a call to him again . as usual he said that service would resume shortly .That day i made numrous calls to him but now he was not taking my calls.

Day 3TO 5
no service ,same excuses by dealer ,I have realised by now that he will respond to my call only once a day then after he notices my number in his mobile he would not respond

Day 6 I decided to go to his office.Office was closed ,after inquiring from neighbours i was told that the office is closed for last 7 days i checked at his residence only to find it closed also.

Day 7 I called at his residence ,his wife took the call ,told that his husband is not well and no line man is awailable to check services(one is on leave other's mother is not well and third one has gone to attend some marriage but pledged to resume service as soon as line man arrives.

Day 8 no service suddenly out of bluemoon one linesman arrives to check my service says that there is no current supply hence HUBS are not working but since it is raining today he wont be able ride the pole to rectify it. he also told me that dealer has not payed any of linesman there dues for many months thats why they are not arriving to office.

Day 9
now i have decide that i would go to meet him personaly to either resume service or return entire ammount i paid to him.

As usual office was closed but lucky to find him playing with his child at his home .He made those same excuses but pledged again to resume service after rain stops.

After that 3 days have passed but no service awialable .I have also complained to customer service at sify but no results .

Now after such traumating experiance i am making sincere request to all members of this forum to kindly guide me to come out of my sufferings.

sachin.

Source: Sify Broadband Insanities

1 Comments:

At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi

I recently switched over to SIFY. More of a forced decision than a fair choice :(

The first thing the Sify Client did was brk my Windoze system :(

Luckily I have a dual boot! And so I switched to Linux. Although, the a/c registration can't be carried out on Linux.

But since then my experience has been fine. I have been getting an assured rate of 8 -9 KBPS [8*8 Actually what they call, which one is small b which one is big B I forgot, but ! :D]

Overall I am satisfied with Sify on my Linux box. So has anyone tried Sify on Lin??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home