Monday, January 09, 2006

still waiting for an answer from sify

I have raised this issue recently and am still waiting for an answer from sify.Has anybody else also faced this??
The issue and the background is as follows.
I am a resident of Dwarka,New delhi.My user id is ody_131313 and my plan is night unlimited @256kbps for which i pay Rs 545 monthly.Every month a sify executive calls me up and verifies whether i'd like to renew my account to which my answer is invariably yes,then he automatically renews the account and picks up the cheque from my residence.After the payment i usually check "My Account" details to make sure that the account has been renewed.
This month to my suprise i saw that the plan has been changed to NIGHT+WEEKEND as mentioned on plan details.I was thrilled that sify is now offering weekends also,duly i logged on sat and sun whole day.On 01-01-06 when i tried to login to my account it gave me an"account expired no 530'" error.I called up sify and the executive said that renewal ppl come only in the morning and the issue shall be resolved,and as he had said teh issue was resolved.
On 08-01-06,again a Sunday(yesteday) when trying to login i faced the same error, this time when i called Sify they informed me that on weekends 8 am to 10 pm there is a restriction of 150 MB and hence i've overshot the limit and the account has expired.For me to use the account again i need to pay and get it re-activated,out of courtesy Sify offered me a 2 day complimentary pack which i refused.When asked where is it mentioned that 150 Mb restriction exists,i was told to visit the sify website.
My queries are
1. Is it not my Service Providers duty and responsibilty to "Provide" me with all information rather than the existing customer having to go the Website and hunt for information?
I was not even informed that my plan has changed, it is due to my own efforts as mentioned above that i got to know that the plan has changed.
The information was not provided by
a.The person who called and asked to renew my account
b.150 mb is not explicitly mentioned anywhere in "MY account" details ,also in "Plans" it just says Unlimited Night+Weekeneds
c. The executive i spoke with on 01-01-06 also did not mention any limit or give me any information
2. As a customer am i supposed to think of various loops to an offer rather than believe my ISP.I was repeatedly told by executives at Sify that i COULD have checked my account details from the website before using it.Sify also COULD have notified me before selling me a changed produt.I see no reason why an existing customer should go to the website to his/her own Account details,it should be available on his own console.
I would want an answer to my queries and if you think im being unreasonable please cite your views but as a customer I REFUSE TO PAY RE-ACTIVATION CHARGES for the valid period for which i have already paid.I strongly believe its a lapse on SIfy's end ,total negligence wherein the customer is not being informed about changes in his/her own account

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home