Wednesday, March 29, 2006

I am Sify broadband customer for the last 13 months

I am Sify broadband customer for the last 13 months. I am in Chembur, Mumbai and the last mile connectivity is provided by the local distributor.

For the last 13 months, I have been renewing my connection every month through Internet and paying by Credit Card. (Rs. 595/- month)

For the current month, I have renewed 3-4 days back and is valid till 24th April' 06.

Suddenly, two days back, at 10.30 in the night, a collection thug comes from the local operator and hands out a receipt for Rs. 695/-and intimidates us to pay.

The next day we got a call from the Sify engineer, saying the if we do not pay the fee the wires will be cut. And the same day the wires were actually cut. Now I don't have a connection while I have paid for the connection till 25th April.

For the last 13 months or so, there was no service from the local operator. We were never told that we need to pay separately to the local operator. We were given the option to renew through internet, which is very convenient for us and we we followed the same.

We had problems with Sify from day one and once we had to write to the CEO directly to get the problem sorted out.

Can someone tell me whether there is an government body (like TRAI) where I can take this complaint to? How do I get Sify to respond to this and take appropriate action?

Please help.

Thanks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home