Tuesday, April 18, 2006

My Experience With Sify Broadband

I had been using Sify 256 kbps Night Unlimited in Mohali for 1.5 years and the speed provided was as promised though there was downtimes. Then I shifted my House to another area and Had to call Sify CC for the first time to get details about the CTO operating in this area. Could not reach them on the phone for 4 days though i called at different times of the day. Then sent an email and remainder mails. No response. Then got some email ids of various people in the senior management (I mean the top level) and cc'ed them the next mail along with Customer Care.

The same night at 9 PM I got a phone call from Delhi informing that my issue will be resolved in 24 hours. Next day got a call again that It would take another day. Then It was assigned to a local cc guy in chandigarh. He informed me that he would talk to the CTO. Then he calls back and tells me that the CTO will charge 2500/- for installation. I asked him why I have to pay that much again. sure he has to lay the cable again, but woudnt 500/- be enough for that. But No they want 2500/- and the sify guy coudn't do anything about it. He never called back. Mean while I got a call from some some one in chennai, saying that my problem would be resolved. I told her that some one is already assigned to that task. I also got calls every other day from different Marketing people of sify pestering me to Renew my pack. I thought What the Hell? I didnt get satisfactory service form the Customer care, but these marketing guys are pestering me about renewal every other day even though I explained my situation. What lack of coordination between the CC and the Marketing even within the same groups.

Thats when I dicided that instead of paying these people 2500/- for the connection again, better to switch to some other ISP.

So go for Sify Broadband only

1 If you live in your own house (Not Rented)
2. You are generallly very lucky in all things (To get the proper speed and no downtime)
3. You have a lot of patience and can put up with the Customer Care.

I Paid 500 bucks towards installation of for an Airtel Connection and got rid of Sify.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home