Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The broadband issues still have not resolved at my end

Hello Ranjith
The broadband issues still have not resolved at my end. I am facing loss of network connectivity from yesterday morning again.
I had lodged a complaint yesterday with the complaint reference being 3411281.
I am really getting tired of this constant downtime. I am going to give Sify a try till this month end and if things are still not resolved I would have to terminate my connection.
Also your "goodwill gesture" of extending my account for 2 weeks has not gone down well with me. I had 2 weeks of downtime this month and a week of downtime last month. So your gesture in no way covers my loss suffered due to lack of service.
In order to highlight my plight, this mail is also being forwarded to the top brass at Sify Broadband.
Rgds
Rajesh Nahar

-----Original Message-----
From: Ranjith kumar [mailto:ranjith_kumar@sifycorp.com]
Cc: Niroopa Paulson
Dear Mr. Nahar,
Greetings from Sify.
At the outset, we sincerely thank you for your feedback on our services experienced and have noted the contents with concern. It is most unfortunate that, despite our good intentions and endeavours, you have had to undergo some discomfitures.
With reference to our telecon, I have taken your request to my technical team and trust my technical team was in touch with you clarifying your queries and I would like to detail the action taken by us to resolve your problem,
1. It was identified that the problem was with the cascading cables which has gone faulty.
2. We have sent our field engineer who analyzed the issue, replaced the cables and connected you into our network.
It was a pleasure speaking to you taking the same confirmation and I would be glad to receive your feedback by acknowledging this mail. Sify constantly endeavors towards providing unhindered customer support to all its customers. As a gesture of goodwill we have extended your account for another 2 weeks of the same product and you can view the same in your my account information.
Please do feel free to revert back to us regarding any queries if any.
Regards
Ranjith Kumar
Asst.Manager - Customercare

-----Original Message-----
From: Rajesh Nahar [mailto:rajesh.nahar@inesol.net]
Sent: Friday, May 19, 2006 9:02 PM
Subject: RE: Broadband Issues
Importance: High
Dear Mr. Murali
In spite of the complaint 5 days back, I am still without any connectivity.
There have been numerous visits by the local service provider, but it's only for "fault location".
This has now started to become ridiculous. Would somebody please take up some action against the localised service provider?
Rgds
Rajesh Nahar


From: Rajesh Nahar [mailto:rajesh.nahar@inesol.net]
Sent: 14 May 2006 10:59
To: 'M_Suchint@sifycorp.com'
Cc: 'charu_v@sifycorp.com'; 'niroopa_p@sifycorp.com'; 'ranjith_kumar@sifycorp.com'; 'kashiana_c@sifycorp.com'; 'vikas_arora@sifycorp.com'; 'Suchitra_Immanuel@sifycorp.com'; 'manas_das@sifycorp.com'
Subject: Broadband Issues
Dear Mr. Murali
This email is to bring to your notice the sad quality of broadband service and customer service being offered by Sify.
I have had a Sify broadband connection since December, 2005.
Initially I was on the ANYTIME INTERNET RANGE - Unlimited. I changed my plan to ANYTIME INTERNET RANGE - Nights and Weekend about 3 months back.
And that's when the problem has started. On an average, I am suffering for 7-10 days downtime on a monthly basis. I have to call up customer service and lodge a complaint, repeatedly. Generally it takes 3-4 days to get even a minor fault rectified.
When I spoke to the customer service for refund for the days I have experienced downtime, I was informed that I need to speak to another customer service for that !!
When I was provided the connection, the Sify executive had promised that all problems will be rectified with 24 hours in most cases. But this promise has been far from truth in my experience.
A 24 x 7 customer service being touted by Sify, is no good if that does not translate into fault repair. I would rather prefer a day time fault reporting service which is rectified quickly.
Other issue is the wiring maintenance charges. Nothing is mentioned about any wiring maintenance charges on the website or product literature. But every month, the localised service provider lands up at your doorstep asking for Rs.50 - Rs, 100, for services which has been almost non existent. I am sure TRAI [Telecom Regulatory Authority of India] would be very interested in this case of misrepresentation of tariffs and pricing.
I am sure that I am not the only one suffering from this poor service. As a last report I am being forced to write this email to you.
I am also considering starting a website and a blog, where other people can report their grievances about Sify and can make informed decisions before signing up to your "Broadband Service".
Rajesh Nahar

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home