Saturday, October 07, 2006

I am in Chennai and our home has Sify broadband

I am in Chennai and our home has Sify broadband (of course the 128 Kbps unlimited crap) for about 2 years and we never had any complaints. You know why??? Because my mom and dad don’t know how to use internet and my brother is too busy to use it. I was in the United States and obviously can’t use it. Now I am back home and I got the worst experience ever in browsing internet. Everytime I open the SIFY broadband client software, I get a dialog that says ‘Remote upgrade in progress. please wait…’ and then it dies. I get a troubleshooting in progress dialog and the message says that there are connectivity issues. No one including the customer care people in SIFY knows where the hell this connectivity issue exists. This had been going for 2 months now and in the past 2 months, I was able to get connected only a handful of times. There is no use in calling customer service since all they can say is “We are working on the issue and trying to find the root cause”. Miraculously the problem fixes itself and I get connected once in a while. What a waste of time and money… If I try to open the client software 10 times, I may be able to connect once. I am writing this with sheer frustration. If you are a current broadband customer, my condolences for you. If you are planning to get one, PLEASE DON’T!!! I am thinking of switching to a different service provider like Airtel or BSNL myself. Thanks for your time.

1 Comments:

At 3:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

very true....im a sify broadband user unfortunately!! it will connect for sometimes only and if u r connecting, u r welcoming hell-a-lot-of viruses to ur PC....as they promise, speed is really good. but their customer service is a real headache. believe me...u will be frustrated so much in calling them tht u wil feel to go back to the old life of no internet!!ppl..plz suggest if it is possible to file a criminal case against such service providers. i ve got a new connection and only 10 days i was able to work within a month....no one responds to ur complaint and also they wont refund the money back!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home