Friday, March 16, 2007

local internet connection

I had a local internet connection which had just 64 kbps & he was a rude fellow. I had to switch on to broadband for his rude even though the connection was good & sometimes more than 64kbps to 128 kbps. The cost was around Rs.500/- per month for unlimited downloads. But, he started coming once in 2 months to collect the bill & used to say that I have previous dues and he was so irritating that he doesn’t even look at the bills that I paid, he just keeps saying…you have dues. lol. I said him goodbye & tried for BSNL which obviously sucked…no one in the customer care were free to answer me. They were free chatting each other & sitting on a comfortable chair. huhu. Finally, I spoke to them & they said 6 months to get a connection in my area. I said Good bye & moved on to AirTel which was not feasible in our area. Then, I moved on to Reliance which said no feasibility but you can connect through mobile @ 50 paise per minute. I said Goodbye to his mobile service & Internet service. I moved on to Tata & they said they will try to get a wire from somewhere and make my area feasible. I called the person nearly 20 times in a month & all he had to say was ..just keep waiting, I will come tomorrow / day after tomorrow. He meant Tomorrow never comes in his voice. I moved to Sify which I know sucks. He charged Rs.1200/- for Installation (Most of my colleagues got the installation for Rs.300 or even free). They started making me a bakra first half itself & then took 7 days to put up the connection. Later, the service broke down & it was fixed fast within 3 / 4 hours. Lol. The speed on first day & Second day showed 105 kbps (128 kbps was my speed) & from third day it gone down to 80kbps. I thought it to be my firewall & antivirus that is stopping and tried to disable both and tried the speed. It just increased to 70kbps. haha…I think this is how the broadband goes on. I had plans of 256 kbps speed…I might go for it soon so that I get atleast 128 kbps pakka. :))

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home