Sunday, March 13, 2005

Bloody idiotic connection

Bloody idiotic connection. And lies, blatant lies. First they promise
my stable connectivity....hardly! Then the cable fellow they've routed
the connection through is an old theif. First I got the 48kbps shard
connection unlimited, he says you'll be getting speeds of upto 6 kbps
only for downloads. Never does it go above 5, i can assure you.
Browsing speeds are fine, but what do they mean by 48kbps? Opera logs
speeds while browsing, and never has it gone beyond 7.7kbps. When I
contact the office, they say, you'll get speeds ranging from 12 kbps to
48kbps. And they dare to call it BROADband? Perhaps they should either
update their knowledge base, or stop thinking their customers are
fools! TRAI has classified speeds above 256kbps to be broadband. Now,
when i got my connection renewed (i renewed it for 2 months...i hear
prices are gonna go down in april, due to the new Budget and more
players stepping in) they said we've updated our infrastructure, you'd
be getting 48kbps constant. Whoa, what do I find? The speeds are slower
than an MTNL Dial-up!! And my download speeds never go beyond 3...for
heaven's sake 3 fecking kbps!!!! And then the cable fellow has the
nerve to tell me that the pack he had given me before was the 64kbps
one and i should have continued with that, which incidentally costs
695, not 450, as I had originally paid...as if...who's being fooled
here? I though I paid Rs. 450 itself, and that ain't the rate for a
64kbps pack. After lambasting the turds and phone calls in the middle
of the night to their call center, i am now getting decent speeds and
download speeds of not more than 10 kbps. Then they call me up one day
and tell me I shouldn't download more than 150MB per day. Damn them, I
thought mine was an unlimited pack, and I was clearly told that
EVERYTHING is unlimited. So where do I go for the rare Hindustani
Classical compositions? I record about 30 songs everyday from the net.
Then I download books, sample papers, visit college websites with lots
of image contents (I'll be out of school this March end). And what
should not take me more than 3 hrs or 4 hrs a day, takes me more than 7
to 8 hrs, and along with studying for boards, its one heck of a
schedule. So I can't log in to the net and consequently, my pack's
going waste. Now what do I do? Which provider should I opt for, next?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home